AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

28% sidedressing machines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sparrell
Posted 8/17/2008 17:50 (#437195)
Subject: 28% sidedressing machines

I rented the local co-ops new pull-type 28% applicator to try to save a waterlogged field this year and the results to this point are amazing. The field I tried it on was pretty much completely saturated from mid-May to mid-June and looked terrible. Well, the field in question has surpassed my other non-saturated fields and will likely be one of my best yielders. The 28% was a savior to that yellow stunted corn. I think I might be hooked on sidedressing 28% from now on. Tried urea and the cultivator on an adjacent field but the results appear far less dramatic.

I did not like all the tracks the applicator, (or me the driver depending on how you look at it) left. Applicator (6 row) is set at 120" and tractor at 60" on fields that average less than 10 acres. Lots of run over corn. Anyone know of a manufacturer that make 3pt 28% applicators? I do a lot of no-till and really liked the style of opener on the rented machine. It came from Ag Systems, but I do not see a 3pt model in the catalog.

I am also considering the possiblilty of mounting a tank on a 6 row cultivator, but I do not think that will work very well in notill corn. I could take all but one shank off, I guess. I think the dirt from one shank will still cover the 28%. Anyone know where to get a complete kit (tank, hoses, pump, etc and whatever else I'd need) to put on an old cultivator?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)