AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Phantom 4 details
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

ringo
Posted 3/2/2016 10:55 (#5149974 - in reply to #5149557)
Subject: RE: Phantom 4 details

Yorkshire UK

SpartyMike - 3/2/2016 12:06 So what you guys think...looking to upgrade from just a basic phantom to..... if you can afford the phantom 4 is it worth to just skip the others as they certainly have come down in price? That avoiding obstacles option seems like a game changer to me!

It's still better not to trust it, I bet it will struggle to detect the things most often hit like cables or thin twiggy branches. 
I kind of like the somewhat more robust gimbal, and it has higher frame rate at 1080p in a similar camera.
I wouldn't use that either as I most often speed footage up not slow it down!
The fancy follow modes have their place but like the options now on the P3 I expect most will only tinker with them and most times just fly manually.
To me that's what it's all about - not just hit a start button and watch it do a lot of stuff with little further input.

Clever as it is,I don't really see anything worth the higher price - almost double the Advanced P3. 
You can bet some of these new features will be suspected of causing crashes soon after release.
In a year or so's time they will have fixed the glitches but it will be time for all new Phantom 5. 

Edited by ringo 3/2/2016 10:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)