AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New registration feedback
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

rustndust
Posted 12/16/2015 14:04 (#4964380 - in reply to #4963535)
Subject: RE: Altitude rules for airplanes, remember this.....

dronedude - 12/16/2015 13:23 I NEVER said anything about legality, I understand the rules. But buzzing fields and houses 100 feet off the ground is irresponsible. Just because it's legal right now, DOESN'T mean you should!

Dronedude...the regulation of aircraft and airspace started not long after the Wright Brothers first flight...the Air Commerce act was passed in 1926, almost 90 years ago.

In those 90 years...vast improvements in air safety have come about.

Safety is #1 behind most aviation regulations.

If those minimum altitude rules in part 91 and part 137 were any sort of a safety issue..or were "irresponsible" according to you.. I can assure you they would have been changed.

I've been a pilot for almost 40 years...and they haven't changed in all that time.

I'm not a big fan of federal regulation of any activity, but now I'm beginning to see why the FAA has decided to begin registration and regulation of drones.

"Irresponsible" or not....airplanes are entitled to share most of the same airspace as drones, and if this regulation forces drone users such as yourself to become cognizant of the rules and recognize that we all have to learn to share this ocean of air above us...registration of drones and drone pilots might be a good thing.

Probably 98% of my time logged as an airplane pilot have been at altitudes less than 500 ft AGL.( and all very legal)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)