AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greenstar connectors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/17/2008 07:04 (#416937 - in reply to #416794)
Subject: RE: Greenstar connectors

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
In many cases Deere uses Deutsch connectors. These are available in the U.S. through the Ladd Company which is apparently the only distributor here.

Deutsch makes a wide variety of connectors and it can be quite confusing to order the correct ones.

They are much cheaper than going through Deere but there are minimum orders etc.

Last year a Deutsch connector got damaged on my combine due to the fact that the Tech forgot to plug a connector back together before starting up the separator (nothing to do with Greenstar but a Deutsch connector anyway). They ordered the parts before I could tell them that I had access to these parts at my off farm job.

I was charged for these parts since they were ordered in my name. They were never used since I used my own supply to get harvesting.

Later the bill was resolved but I got to see what Deere would have charged. The individual pins were billed at $7 or so. Our cost on them was about $ .60 which is still really too much. The connector shell was overpriced also.

There may also be some confusing issues getting the Garmin setup to work properly with the Greenstar. I am quite certain it can be done but the steps might be frustrating.

Good luck - what you are trying to do should be possible.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)