AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble EZ-Boom ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/15/2008 04:16 (#415708 - in reply to #415632)
Subject: RE: Trimble EZ-Boom ??

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
This is due to the fact that EZ-Boom does not utilize a "boundary concept".

The Ag Leader Insight Direct Command system allows the operator to define an outside boundary and if desired an inside boundary. The spray sections will be off when outside an outside boundary or inside an inside boundary.

Even when using the boundary concept the operator needs to be aware that a section may come on if the system "sees" an area that is not covered between the Headland pass and the outside boundary.

These boundaries can be created with the current operation (spraying for example) or from a previous operation or even a previous year.

I had a slight problem when I was using an old boundary from a previous year on a certain field. The current headland was slightly smaller than the previous year so the outer section of the sprayer would come back on for a bit as it swung out over the small unsprayed area between this years headland and the previous years outer boundary.

With all autoswath situations regardless of brand, it is wise for the operator to switch the Master off when making these swings which may be outside the desired field.

Basically wait until the autoswath has shut off all sections, then shut the Master off. When the rig is fully back into the headland turn the Master back on and let autoswath bring the booms back on as it sees fit.

Edited by tedbear 7/15/2008 04:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)