AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What size machine shed do you like ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mlebrun
Posted 7/4/2008 08:17 (#409515)
Subject: What size machine shed do you like ??

SW MN and Gold Canyon AZ
Thinking of building more storage. Already have a 60 by 70 shed with a 24 ft end door and a 20ft side door all concrete floor that is my shop now, but with everything stored in it in the winter I have no room to work on anything. Spring ,summer fall I can just move something outside and have plenty of room to work. Right now I have to leave all my tillage equipment outside, and augers and rent additional space for all my wagons and pull type sprayer.
I was thinking of a 60 by 80 with end doors so I can drive full wagons in when the rains come. Before I always had to back wagons in the other shed. I also want a 30 ft door on atleast one end to drive the combine in (25 ft table) during rainy spells during harvest.
Basically I need room for 8 wagons, 2 augers, 36 ft field cult, 5 tooth ripper, 1000 gal sprayer, 16 row kinze planter and maybe a semi and trailer some day(would sell some of the wagons). Probably would park the combine in there also then I would have room for a car hoist in the other shed.
I don't want to spend too much on this new shed as i would like to insulate half of the other shed.
I have been quoted approx 8$ a sq ft for a new shed no cement. 60 by 80 big enough?? Obviously my first shed wasn't big enough.
Width is more expensive then length but you need 60 ft width to get a 30 ft end door.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)