AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Semi Air Conditioner
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 7/3/2008 02:11 (#408871 - in reply to #408758)
Subject: RE: Semi Air Conditioner

Kansas
Get yer lil tester out and make sure when you turn the ac on that you have juice to the compressor to lock up the clutch. If you don't have juice, then something is not letting it go through. If you do have juice, pull the clutch pulley back off and see if you have a broken wire behind it to energize the magnet.

I was awhile getting my petes up to snuff. Replace a part, vacuum the system and either it wouldn't take or I'd about get it filled up and something else let loose. After a couple new hoses, an expansion valve, a new compressor, a new reciever dryer and a new condensor in front of the rad I was finally in business.

I am glad I was awake in votech and learned ac systems. I bet If I was there I could diagnose your problem and fix it for you. That has to be the easiest money I ever made when I did them for the drivers up at the truck shop.

Oh yea, easiest things first bud, turn the ac on and wiggle the connection to the compressor to make sure they got it on tight and it's not loose and not making connection.

Another thing, check on the fuse panel for a blown fuse. Not to familiar with a 2000 freightshaker but anything is possible. Schematic on the panel lid should say what's what.

Imagine this might be a simpler fix than you think. Incomplete circuit either from a fuse or wire wiggled loose I spect.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)