AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze/Deere planters-Opinions?? Vac or Finger pickup??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Scott (OSU)
Posted 6/30/2008 18:47 (#407434)
Subject: Kinze/Deere planters-Opinions?? Vac or Finger pickup??

Dalton, OH
I have been running a Deere planter with the Precision Planting Eset Vac meters in it and I love it. Need to upgrade planters this year and move to a 12-row. I deal with my Kinze dealer on a lot of other things and just thought I should try pricing a planter from them as well as Deere? What's everybody's thoughts on the Kinze? Should I go with the Kinze Vac or finger pickup meters on the Kinze. Would Precision Planting's finger pick-ups be better than Kinze? Just curious as I have been very happy with Precision Planting and ran the 20/20 monitor and loved it this year. I end up planting a lot of differnet sized seed, up to 70 lbs occasionally. How about fertilizer attachments? With the NT Deere I can't put on fertilizer openers for 28% and put a no-till coulter/row-cleaner combo because of the folding clearance. On a Kinze, you can do it. On my current Deere I was just dribbling 10 gallons out the back on top of the ground, which I really don't like in my no-till conditions. This is what I would probably do on a new Deere. Just curious as to everybody's opinions on both brands of planters.

Thanks,

Edited by Scott (OSU) 6/30/2008 18:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)