AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Combine Cruise - never seen this before
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

EricCKS
Posted 6/25/2008 01:43 (#404042)
Subject: Combine Cruise - never seen this before

Sunflower State

I might get the nerd of the year award but went on a cruise tonight and saw something new to me. Scroll to the bottom to see. Some of the pics stink due to distance but I got em described.
BTW- met up with two of Johnson Harvesting's combines tonight, pair of 8010s with 40' heads. Thanks for letting me and kids go for a ride and Chris was interesting to visit with. 2 others were 15 miles west and the balance in Russell KS. The 8010 is one impressive machine. On to pics.

These are my combine cruisers. Got em trained to look for dust then we go see em. Only took the older two tonight.

John Deere xxxxsts and Cat 660 North of Dodge City 3 miles.

Titan 8820 headed to the field. North of DC 6 miles

xxxxSTS with a stripper North of DC

R72 NE of DC

1 of 2 N6 Gleaners in the field. NE of DC

Pair of L2s I saw on Saturday. Stumbled onto these and I knew the family that owns them so hung around awhile and visited. Niether of these machines is a hydro. Couldn't believe it. My granddad had a M2 with out hydro until 98. 3 miles north of HWY 283 and 156 Junction.

My son made a round and got to drive too. He was pretty jazzed.

Two of these old timers were running on Saturday.

2 9760sts and 2588 North of Ingals 8 miles.

2388 across the road from the previous 3

J Harvest, sorry it was getting late by the time we got there and pics taking was not so good. We got side tracked by the pics below.

Drum roll please. Distant shot but it was the only way I could get them all. See if you can count them.

If you counted 9 you are right. They are all R75s. I have never seen that many in one field. This was a half circle just east of Ingals KS next to the highway. Not the most efficient harvesting I have ever seen but they made short work of it. This is Gossen Harvesting out of Corn OK.

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/EricSWKS/Harvest/?action=view¤t=5-14-08071-1.flv

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/EricSWKS/Harvest/?action=view¤t=5-14-08074-2.flv

Edited by EricCKS 6/25/2008 01:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)