AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MX285........Yet more problems.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ChrisTN
Posted 6/25/2008 22:57 (#404594 - in reply to #404117)
Subject: Re: MX285........Yet more problems.....

Ethridge, TN
If I was having this much trouble with a green tractor, I'd be looking at another color. Everyone seems to want to assume, that I complain about this tractor due to it's color. Color is not the problem, RELIABILITY, is the problem. We farm a pretty good size amount of acres, and we do it with a limited equipment list. That means that we need the equipment to RUN/WORK on everyday we are given to be able to do field work. Plus it's a double hit, cause when this machine goes down, that also means what I was doing is no longer getting done either, while I'm figuring out what is wrong with this one.

I did get some honest answers from a Case dealer today, with the number one being that the CAPS fuel system on these tractors has cost them more than one sale. That's what it ended up being, is the CAPS pump was junk. No longer putting out enough pressure to trip the accumulator and fire the injectors, equals, it plain won't start. Talking to the mechanic that came out to replace the pump, by the way, they keep two on the shelf, if that tells you anything, he has had to replace as many as four in one single day. Supposedly the new common rail system has helped to solve the issue with this fuel delivery system, but it's going to be a hard fight back, cause the reputation has already been earned.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)