AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MX285........Yet more problems.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ChrisTN
Posted 6/24/2008 23:41 (#403978 - in reply to #403962)
Subject: SDX 30 Air Seeder ?????

Ethridge, TN

After all this above, I've really been kicking myself for probably even considering this. Actually looking at a 30' SDX seeder. We are having lot's of problems this year with seeding the double crop beans, due to having a pretty good wheat crop, so we are dealing with some fairly heavy residue. Needing to wait to let the dew air off real well to get started trying to plant in the first place, so the planter won't just hairpin the straw. Some have suggested that the large blade on the SDX and the heavy opener would cut thru this better, and the dealer just happens to have traded for one that only has 1,000 acres on it. He'll let us demo it, but this has to be hauled clear down here from JL Equipment in Indiana.

So those that have them, keep in mind, I'm getting more skeptical by the day that I want to see another "red" piece of equipment, but what are your experiences???? We tried the neighbors set of 750's, new blades and boots, and it was having the same hair pinning problems of the planter, so I'm not overly confident that the Deere Air Seeder will work either. Even tho my tag line may imply I wear green underwear, I really look more at what works, than color. See I actually would kill for a Patriot Sprayer, red as can be, as I want rid of the Rogator. But with as much trouble as the Mx is giving me, that trade might have to wait to replace this tractor. Maybe, if Ma'Nature is real good to us, I can have a double party and send them both down the driveway.

Edited by ChrisTN 6/25/2008 07:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)