AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If you have a Teejet BoomPilot 230 read this
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

HFR
Posted 6/18/2008 19:55 (#400346 - in reply to #399984)
Subject: RE: If you have a Teejet BoomPilot 230 read this

Central Minnesota
     I must have been lucky as I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to computers but was able to get it change to version 1.06. Must have been my lucky day.

I also noticed that it could leave a row or two, but have not saw any weeds missed. You can turn on the individual boom switch that you normally have in the off position to override the boom pilot and spray the rows that you think the boom pilot is missing. Just don't forget to shut it off later or that section won't shut off automaticly.

The spots that I see that I missed are on the ends where it shut off too soon. That was my fault as I thought the look ahead and look back set up was in feet. It is in seconds and if I went into the ends slower then when I set it up it would shut off too soon. I have since set it up with just a bit more overlap and try to keep a constant speed when turning.

Another thing you have to remember is to shut off the sprayer after folding up and leaving the field because if you don't as soon as you cross your boundry it will start spraying. Learned this by experience. Wish the computer wouldn't let it spray outside the boundries then you wouldn't have to worry if you stuck the boom over the neighbors field when turning.

Also I thought the patch antenna would be off some but I am spraying rows that were planted with RTK and the Boom Pilot shows that I am right on all the way across the field.  I would expect if I didn't finish a field and came back the next day it would be off.  Any way I think it is a great technoligy tool for the money that it cost.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)