AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can you fool terrain compensation (roll) for better implement steering? mojo, trimble?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

badger@uw
Posted 6/17/2008 14:53 (#399508 - in reply to #399501)
Subject: Re: Can you fool terrain compensation (roll) for better implement steering? mojo, trimble?

East Troy, WI

the negative, in my mind, in the y-z plane could trick the *terrain compensation* into offsetting the tractor further uphill - merely a hack. Would likely totally trash every other kinematic. I doubt any system allows independent perameters for each plane/axis, esp as convergence depends on co-dependence, otherwise probably indeterminent . I have no idea what most code looks like, though, solutions maybe a bit more brute force than i see in my mind, or more fuzzy. Actually, i wouldn't have to talk out my butt about these things and that these things were more open instead of black boxes.

There was noise about predicting the towed implement state based on a single receiver position, maybe from deere. They must be thinking of a continuously calculated delta from the wayline based on terrain - boy i wish i was a better hack, i think i would have fun with this code.

Yes, we have very short hills in southeast Wisconsin, though most waterways are fairly smooth. Thank you for your thoughts.

Edited by badger@uw 6/17/2008 21:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)