AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rinex in 1064 rogator with GS2
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/13/2008 06:52 (#396496 - in reply to #396474)
Subject: Re: Rinex in 1064 rogator with GS2

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The Raven 661 as used with certain Rogators has the ability to control 10 booms where a 660 is limited to 7. This means that the data stream output from a 661 is somewhat different than that from a 660.

Another difference is that the 661 has a built in amplifier for a PWM control valve which other Raven consoles do not. The 661 can be used with the more common Raven butterfly valves etc. as well.

In many Rogators, this other "heavy duty" control connection is used.

I suspect that due to these added complications, a decision was made not to support these situations where a 661 was or still would be involved.

It would seem to me that the addition of the Rinex by itself where it only handles the section control would have a good chance of working as long as the Rinex can handle the number of boom sections actually used. The interconnecting cables might have to be modified somewhat if there is not a specific set for a 661 connection.

The suggestion for completely removing the 661 and replacing it with a Deere system may run into some problems. If the Deere system were to be used for the total control (Rate and Boom section ON/OFF),the Deere system may not be able to handle the Heavy Duty PWM control valve requirements which might be present.

For what it's worth, I believe the Ag Leader Insight with the Direct Command Liquid Control module can handle the HD PWM requirements and work as a replacment. I suspect you don't want to get involved with yet another brand of equipment.

Edited by tedbear 6/13/2008 07:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)