AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

47x0 Swath Control Settings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

JustinW
Posted 5/31/2008 07:26 (#387987 - in reply to #387913)
Subject: RE: 47x0 Swath Control Settings

Kenosha, WI
I have a 4720 and have had map coverage issues for a year and a half. I have found that you can lower your turn on and turn off times to create a perfect coverage map, but you may be leaving actual skips in the field. I've been told it is a software issue. The coverage map actually reacts opposite with paint to what you do with your turn on/off times. I also have issues with driving over map skips and the boom turning on but not painting. Most of the time there is no "boom on" chime. Sometimes the boom won't even turn on, but it really don't have to because the area already got sprayed, just not painted on the map. I have changed the receiver distance offsets in the gs2 before and it doesn't to change anything. Does anyone ever have rate issues where it won't lock on a rate after running empty or refilling? And yes I had my sparge turned off when the problem occurs. I'm pushing water and chem onto sprayer from the pump on the trailer and sprayer pump is turned off. I'm assuming air must get in the pump, but Deere put that aux. line on the top of the pump to the top of the tank to expel the air in the 20 series. I've found the only way to correct the issue is to spray on a manual set pressure for 2 or 3 acres and when I switch back to a set rate problem is fixed. Anyone else ever had this?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)