AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ez steer/guide 500 and ez boom and raven 4400?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/25/2008 08:06 (#384327 - in reply to #384113)
Subject: Re: ez steer/guide 500 and ez boom and raven 4400?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I agree with Joe.

First a little background, the 4400 is a Raven console that has the built in capability to work with one product but can be expanded up to a maximum of 5 products. The extra products are all CAN based and use the same CAN modules that the Raven Viper system uses.

Raven also makes a model 4600 which is the same as the 4400 but does not have built in boom switches. Its "fit" is for rigs where the OEM wishes to use their own boom switches and master.

As Joe has stated if you really do have the 4400 (not 4600) then you have the two choices which will make for an easy install.

If the Apache or any other rig uses its own boom switches and master then the situation can become messy. There are various ways around the problem but it can get confusing.

If the Raven 4400 works with more than one product such as Direct Injection then there can be more confusion. I haven't been asked to work on that combination of equipment but the 4400 would still need to be present in the cab. It would probably be possible to use the EZ-Boom for the boom section control and have the 4400 do the actual rate control for both products.

If the Apache uses the 4400's boom switches and master and only one product is involved the swap should be quite easy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)