AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone using Topcon X20?? Opinions on Topcon as a company.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DG N. AL
Posted 5/21/2008 22:24 (#382338 - in reply to #382160)
Subject: Hold the phone on that one......

Hillsboro, AL

ncook - 5/21/2008 14:09 A great feature is it runs Windows XP, so any software that supports XP could be run.

In theory maybe, but in practice you will find differently.  The X20 is a touch screen.  Very little XP software is written to run on a touch screen.  So there is no way for input on the X20.  Yes, I know the X20 will accept a keyboard and a mouse, but have you ever tried to use a keyboard and mouse in a moving tractor.  Also, the X20 does not have a full install of XP.  It has a stripped down version.  They only load components that they need. A lot of software will not have drivers and other components that they require to run.  The X20 is low on memory and storage also.  It is designed to run the software that is one it and little more.

I have the X15 which runs on Win98.  I got the bright idea that I would load the laptop version of SiteMate on it.  After much work, I finally got the software loaded, but could not run it without a keyboard and mouse.  I quickly realized that it was not a smart project to attempt. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)