AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tips for using AB lines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/19/2008 07:34 (#380788 - in reply to #380778)
Subject: RE: Tips for using AB lines

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I decided to try to make the pattern name as descriptive as possible. Since there was plenty of "room" I decided to include the year which may or may not be helpful in the future.

I may "clean house" and throw away some of the older lines from former years. I find that we have several AB patterns associated with some fields now and that is starting to become counterproductive. The fact that I named them with the year name in the past may be helpful with my housecleaning.

My rethinking is to have the "absolute" property lines or fixed lines saved and then do the "shifting" with the implement at the time of application. I probably will not save the actual new AB line used with the individual operations anymore.

I realize that if you make a new AB line with an implement and then later return with a different implement of a different width that the Insight tries to be helpful by prompting you to do a shift.

It just seems less confusing to me to use the "absolute lines" as the common reference from year to year and then to the "shift" at the time of application.

I was just thinking that now that I am "caught up" a bit and the crop is not up yet that this might be a good time to drive around and mark the corners to make these property line patterns.

Now that I think about it, I would need to use the planting tractor since it has the autopilot in it. I wouldn't be able to move the equipment to an ATV very easily since the Nav II would need to be installed for this to work.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)