AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greenseeker
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

BigNorsk
Posted 5/10/2008 19:39 (#375258 - in reply to #374775)
Subject: Re: Greenseeker

Rolla, ND
Well that's an interesting idea. Let's think a bit.

If you drive the same way as the streaks, then you'd need a bunch of sensors so you could turn on each boom section or each nozzle, but you probably don't want to spend that much so I'm guessing the idea would be to drive crossways to the misapplication and turn the whole sprayer on and off.

Well, if it has less growth and not just yellow color, I would think it could work. I believe the Greenseeker basically is using an NDVI. NDVI is pretty well just how much plant material gives you the reading no greeness. So if you can see there's less growth I would think it would work.

I think the Crop Circle is a bit more robust in that area and should be able to work off the yellow color not just the amount of plant material.

All that said, if it was me, since you can see it, I'd either drive with the streaks and turn on the boom section that was over the yellow, hopefully a fairly good match. Or if I was doing the right angle drive, I'd get it so I could drive about 4 mph, turn on the autosteer and practice turning the boom on and off manually as I went across the field. It would be easiest with a front boom.

I suspect that would be a lot easier than setting up to do it automatically. But it would be a good excuse to get a greenseeker or crop circle.

Or, just put on 15 lbs on the whole field, that should turn it green. (Coward's way out)

Marv
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)