AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight PMM issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

SilverBullet
Posted 5/3/2008 02:32 (#370312 - in reply to #369388)
Subject: Re: Insight PMM issue

If I had a problem. First I would call the AgLeader dealer that sold you the equipment for help. Most of the time a dealer will give you some ideas to try. If a good dealer didn't know, they would go the extra mile to seek a solution. I don't know about you. I like to buy items from a dealer that can SERVICE what he sells. It is worth it's weight in gold when needing help in a emergency.
Your Kinze dealer also could of gave some ideas for your problem. The KPM has been around for 10 years now. They should know how to troubleshoot it. The PMM functions just like the KPM monitor. The KPM & PMM manufactured by the same company. The PMM information is now sent to the InSight display The user interface has changed, but it is the same old information the KPM had always displayed.

Now for the bar graph showing 60%. Read your Kinze manual. The KPM monitor does the same thing. Nothing new here. Remember the PMM is telling the Insight what to show. You did good to Identify that clutch sections were engaged by observing the sections were blue. On the run screen in the Seed tab. To the right side of the planter population bar graph you can display shaft speed. You should have 2 shaft speed readings. A "L" RPM and a "R" RPM. This display should of gave you a value of something higher than zero. On yours it was more than likely showing zero RPM's on the left side. This should of told you that... 1. drive chain could of slipped off to cause the shaft to stop rotating. 2. the shaft rotation sensor is malfunctioning.
The PMM was telling you information that something was wrong. You just needed to look closer at what it was telling you.

Looks like in a previous post it sounds like you were dealing with some complicated stuff that AgLeader Technical Support spent allot of time to get you going on. They might recieve call that takes time to get the customer going. It only fair that they take the calls in the order that they are received and give the best support possible to get the person going. Remember "You shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you."

Edited by SilverBullet 5/3/2008 02:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)