AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Truth about the trait war?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JimmyP
Posted 4/24/2008 06:15 (#364106 - in reply to #364043)
Subject: Re: Truth about the trait war?

Lancaster, OH
Don't think you'll get much with those rules since BPA is the ultimate goal, but here some of it goes.

GT is inferior to RR2 but the same as RR. It, in fact is, the old trait and doesn't provide the same level of tolerance as you go to higher rates.

I also believe in the VTs over HXs. However, on this one, it is very close and really feel that if the selection has gotten down to VT vs. HXX that we're working too hard for too little. Since there is no opportunity to select X hybrid with VT or HXX, this is kind of mute.

In the end, the approach that uses multiple modes in insect genes will be the way to go, not so much for protection initially but for the resistance management it provides. I don't think that SmartStax is that answer but others are coming. SmartStax will help in a few areas though as there are very slight differences in spectrum between the traits that will fill some holes in some special situations.

All in all, the competition between these traits will lead to some confusion in the marketplace as companies position their offerings against one another but it will also lead to some opportunities for savings as they compete.

That's my try.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)