AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greenseeker - thoughts on corn and wheat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jcs
Posted 4/23/2008 08:25 (#363636 - in reply to #363185)
Subject: RE: Greenseeker - thoughts on corn and wheat

Oklahoma
I have a producer that just got set up this year in time to topdress wheat. Looking at doing corn this summer. They were somewhat skeptical at first but after getting over their wheat they are fairly impressed. Don't have any yeild data or anything yet.

I listened to a farmer speak over the winter that due to wet weather last year felt like he went over his corn way too late last year. In the end he claimed he didn't break any yeild records but he was more profitable using the system. He was still concerned about the timing issue but seemed willing to do it again just based on the economics of fertilizer savings as the yeild difference wasn't enough to offset the extra fertilizer cost to get the next 5-10 bu (in some of his fields it was less than 2 bu). He and OSU were both looking at different preplant rates combined with different side dress rates but I don't remember the specific results (if there was any yet, it may be this years study).

Lots of statistics on this site but there is some useful information hidden within it all.
http://nue.okstate.edu/

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)