AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

anyone farm land with peat or wetlands?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

davpal
Posted 4/22/2008 01:57 (#363049 - in reply to #362934)
Subject: RE: anyone farm land with peat or wetlands?

Mid Michigan
We have 27 acres of wetlands that the previous owner put in the program and the property is pretty restricted on doing anything with it. I really wish they had never done it but that is pretty much history. I would have figured out a way to tile it because it is very productive muck ground that used to grow vegetables and mint. If the owner never entered it into the wetlands you should be able to go farm it to your hearts content. If its to wet, you will get stuck. If its not, you can grow crops on it. What business is it of the state of MN if you want to farm a wet farm? They need to keep their noses out of your business. On a side not, I would never, never, never, enter any government or state funded program of any kind. I will pay my own way and its best to not be in kahoots with any government organization. Ever try to get out of a PA-116 agreement? Its about like trying to get a divorce. No CRP, PA-116, or Wetland participation for me. Just going out and farming and selling the crops. No extra headaches needed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)