AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sharing Starfire ITC GPS signal between GS2 and GS1
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dkastens
Posted 4/18/2008 00:38 (#360272 - in reply to #360251)
Subject: RE: Sharing Starfire ITC GPS signal between GS2 and GS1

Rawlins County Kansas
The first thing I would do is check to see if you have NMEA strings coming through the DB9 connector. This can be done with a laptop or pda or pretty much anything that has the appropriate software and a db9 connector. If there is nothing there then we probably need to back up and look at some other stuff. I'm not that familiar with the Field Doc connect stuff. On our own GS1 systems I've added the wires from the receiver in the harness and then attached a db9 to bring gps strings from the gps and I've also added db9's at the GS1 console for bringing in non-Deere gps strings into the GS1. In the NMEA output settings on the ITc about anything should work although I'd recommend at least 19,2K baud and 5hz on the update for VRA seeding.

We also just added a temporary cable on our tractor to bring radar from the Itc back into the cab (real radar just crapped out and I don't want to buy a new "old tech" radar nor have the time to pull the roof off right now and string the necessary wires). This cable came out of our sprayer to run an AgLeader insight and basically tees in right at the ITc, then drapes over the cab roof and back in through a rear grommet. In the cab this cable has a db9 connector for gps and a 3-pin radar connector. It might be worth your time to get your AMS guy to find this cable just to see whether your problems lie with the Itc (can't send out NMEA) or with some component of the cabling (from the Itc and back into the cab).

Sorry I don't have any solid answers for you.

Diet
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)