AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sharing Starfire ITC GPS signal between GS2 and GS1
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

jmewes
Posted 4/17/2008 23:47 (#360251)
Subject: Sharing Starfire ITC GPS signal between GS2 and GS1

EC ND
We have installed SwathPro on our JD 1720 Planter and I am trying to get set up to do my map-based planting as well as run Autotrac. We will be using the GS2 for Autotrac and the on-screen coverage maps. We also need to run a GS1 with processor to do the map-based planting and recording. Our planter is too old for the GS2 to run the planter. We are having trouble getting the receiver to talk to the GS1. We have run two complete cab harnesses in the tractor (JD 8400). We have also run the harness from the receiver that Ys off into the DB9 plug. We currently have the DB9 plug hooked into our Field Doc Connect harness. We are unable to get any signal from the receiver into the GS1. Me and my AMS man are stumped as to why. We have tried with and without the null modem and it made no difference. What messages need to be enabled on the Starfire ITC to communicate with the GS1 in this manner? What baud rate should be used? Any advice will be greatly appreciated as planting will start next week around here. I have looked through quite a few past posts on here but I was unable to find any that covered this topic. Thanks in advance!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)