AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight Seed Command Electric Problems!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/17/2008 03:22 (#359682 - in reply to #359564)
Subject: RE: Insight Seed Command Electric Problems!!!!

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Possibly this is part of the problem. Ag Leader suggests using the special power cable when using electric clutches rather than the one used with air clutches.

This cable has larger wires in it to handle more current. However, the pins in the connectors seem to be fairly small and have less surface area than the pins and sockets in the Deutsch connectors which are otherwise used. This is the same style of pins that are used on the connector for the harness at the module itself. Possibly this is also part of the problem. The latching arrangement to the module is a pain and the latch often gets broken if you need to remove it.

I have had difficulty in getting the main module harness to fully mate with the module in a couple of units. It turns out that the epoxy used to seal the module has oozed up to provide an obstruction which doesn't allow the connector to fully mate. If it is forced to mate then it is difficult to remove. I used a small die grinder on one to remove a small amount of the epoxy.

The connections on an electric clutch system are far more critical than those on an air clutch system simply due to the current required. Less than ideal conditions such as cables, electrical systems on the tractor, aging solenoids etc. all seem to compound to cause some of the difficulties we've seen. The voltage drop across the Seed Command module vs a pure ground also seems to add to the confusion.

This may explain why my "interceptor harness" seemed to work. The relays in this harness allow for a more direct connection to ground for the clutches than the original route of going through the Seed Command module.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)