AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GM antifreeze lawsuit settled
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Indianajones
Posted 3/27/2008 19:50 (#343281 - in reply to #343220)
Subject: Re: GM antifreeze lawsuit settled

The only issues we ever have seen in the dealership that I will say is Dex-cool related is on the S-10 blazers and similiar models with the 4.3 engine. For unknown reasons, the tended to cake up after several miles. I had a GM training center instructor claim that the blazer problem was due to a grounding issue with the engine causing electrolisis. It is odd that the same engine and coolant in the full sized truck never had the same problem. These were a real problem but the other failures on engines were not directly related to Dex-cool. I have never noticed an issue with mixing dex-cool and green other that a Sh#$ color. The intake gasket failures on 3.1 and 3.4 have nothing to do with coolant. Most of those are related to the intake bolts losing thier torque.
An interesting side note, Dex-cool was a Propylyne glycol base mixture when it was released while the old green was Ethylene Glycol mixture. I noticed after a couple years, while reading a dex-cool jug, that it was now also Ethylene Glycol base. I don't know when the change was made but rest assured G.M never told any of us about it.
INDY
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)