AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What size hydraulic motor do I need to make seed transfer auger?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

gettin by
Posted 3/27/2008 10:15 (#342989 - in reply to #342790)
Subject: Re: What size hydraulic motor do I need to make seed transfer auger?

Been there ,done that. If cost is the limiting factor(usually is ) find a small wheel motor,around 8 to 10 cu.ingerotor or geroller type. There are plenty of type out (ross.charlynn, parker etc.....) Get a flow diverter valve to control the volume of oil ( brand mfg.) ,Its not the most eff. hyd. circuit but it will get the job done . Control the speed by limiting the flow with brand valve. Set up a fert. auger this way .Toughest part was coupler themotor to the auger,went with the hyd.motor male wheel hub and then isntalled a female wheel hub on the auger. Have a arm on the motor to keep it from rotating and then the motor shaft seals were farther away from the dry fertilizer and dust. Motor shafts seals do not like fertilizer. Running it off of a 4230 tractor and if I had to guess it would be around 15-16 gpm. If your motor has a case drain ,then it has to be dumped back into the tractor resv.
and not in the return port because of pressure in the return line will blow the shaft seal out. If the motor does not have a case drain the odds are it will handle the 200-400 psi backpress in the hyd. system easily. hope it helps. gettin by
R
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)