AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greenstar GPS w/ AFS pro 600 display on 1200 planter?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

MidMOfarmer
Posted 3/29/2008 01:01 (#344439 - in reply to #344354)
Subject: RE: Greenstar GPS w/ AFS pro 600 display on 1200 planter?

I took the corner post apart and didnt see anything and my dealer said that there is no serial port on Greenstar ready tractors, only the universal harnesses like you said. This will be our 3rd year with the ATU using SF1. I know there are people who dont believe it can work and some have tried it and dont like it. For us, we are really happy with it. It could be a lot worse and still drive better than I can. In my experience, the rows will be nearly perfectly straight with maybe a few slight squiggles. The part where the SF1 struggles is the pass to pass accuracy and sometimes you have to shift the track a little bit. I still use my markers on corn, Ive had people tell me its pointless to have autotrac if you are still using markers but I like to have them to be able to check the accuracy. It doesnt cost anything to use them so I figure I might as well use them to my advantage, I can see how close I am and adjust accordingly. I shift the track quite a bit to try to keep it as close as I can but if you left it alone, it would still work fine. You could ask 10 people if you can plant with SF1 and get 10 different answers so you might not be as happy with it as we are. When we started we didnt get SF2 becuase of the cost and after running SF1 for 2 yrs, we are not even considering upgrading. You have the right attitude knowing that you cant just put it in the tractor and go, and with your ground being flat, I think you will be satisfied with it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)