AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greenstar VS. Outback VS. Trimble/Ag leader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

CB In The Cab
Posted 3/27/2008 03:35 (#342836 - in reply to #342377)
Subject: RE: Greenstar VS. Outback VS. Trimble/Ag leader

Central To Everything and Close to Nothing

adampahl - 3/26/2008 15:16  The john deere systems look the easiest and nicest to me being a john deere guy, but the "activation" and "updates" and "subscriptions" are rediculous! of the $25,800 quoted for the greenstar system $12,000 were going to this crap. +800 a year! When you ask about these fees they say it is going towards research and development. This is no way to do buisness. 

Would you rather have Deere bury the activations into the price of the equipment like Trimble does and make everyone pay the same price even if they only use half of the functions?  Ag Leader is the same as Deere with their Insight system and the different funtionality it has to offer.  If you grow Roundup Ready crops you pay for the R&D through the price of the seed or by purchasing a TUA as is the case in Western Canada so why is this any different? 

The guy who makes his precision ag buying purchase based on price is always going to be dissappointed with what they got and will be the first one to complain about it on forums like this.  In the end, that guy will end up spending more than if they would have just spent a little more the first time.  You do get what you pay for.

Dealer support is VERY important and any dealer worth their salt should be able to give you a good demo to show what their system has to offer.  It sounds like your Deere dealer should get their facts straight.......paying the goverment for access.....that's a new one........

I will get off my box of Tide now.....

Edited by CB In The Cab 3/27/2008 03:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)