AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Am I being unreasonable?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JoshA
Posted 3/24/2008 12:08 (#340751)
Subject: Am I being unreasonable?

Alberta, Canada
In February 2007 our 7630 was delivered with a 9'/5-tine grapple. The loader/bucket has 700 series latching, and the understanding at time of purchase was that the bucket would be exchanged with another with the Global Carrier mounts ASAP, as we'd purchased a Global Carrier/Euro system for the loader as well, which had not arrive yet. In April our Global Carrier adapter arrived, as did our 2-bale spears with Euro couplers. As soon as the adapter and forks arrived, the bucket was removed, and stored in a corner of the shop, and hasn't been used since.

Still no bucket, despite constant communication with the salesman.
Now, March 2008, this is getting ridiculous, I've asked for an 8.5ft ALO (Quicke) bucket/grapple instead (which he suggested last spring; however was "pretty sure" he could get me a 9ft JD "soon").

Since we barely used the JD bucket (we used it for handling round bales when feeding, and i used it a couple times for piling snow), there isn't any damage, and only a bit of paint wear on the grapple teeth, and digging teeth. The replaceable wear-edge I got for it in May(after it'd been stored in the shop) hasn't even been installed yet.

Now, the question...... dealer told me when we got the tractor, and again when we got the adapter, and again last fall, that he'd take our bucket back for what we paid for it, since it was still new, and we'd just have to pay the difference between new buckets. He's finally gotten me a quote last week for a 6-inch smaller Quicke bucket...... he'll buy our bucket back at cost, sell us a Quicke bucket at list, and re-sell our bucket at list. Essentially, he's selling the same bucket twice, taking commission 3 times on 2 buckets.

What I thought was acceptable would be him taking our (new) bucket back for what we paid for it, and selling us a Quicke bucket at normal purchase price. We'd still be paying the difference, a Quicke bucket costs a lot more than a JD, but we wouldn't be loosing several hundred dollars on a bucket that we had sitting in the shop for the past year (his fault) with false promises, just so he can take commission twice. If I wanted the bucket to depreciate several hundred dollars, I'd have actually put it to use over the past year. Instead, I couldn't even park my loader for the 3-months it was riding around during haying. When I tried taking it off with the bale spear as per his recommendation, the loader slouched over, twisted the hood guard, and broke a hydraulic line

He says he'll be re-selling our bucket at normal new cost.
Am I asking too much?

(IMG_0309 (Large).JPG)

(IMG_0311 (Large).JPG)

(IMG_0313 (Medium).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0309 (Large).JPG (79KB - 118 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0311 (Large).JPG (125KB - 111 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0313 (Medium).JPG (99KB - 110 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)