AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

best cordless drills/ impact driver
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Cliff SEIA
Posted 3/23/2008 20:14 (#340288 - in reply to #340264)
Subject: RE: best cordless drills/ impact driver

I've got Milwaukee 18V drill/driver, hammer drill and I picked up their 18v impact driver this winter.  I'm using the lithium ion batteries in mine and that's really the only way to go.  I've had the chance to use both 18v Makita and DeWalt drills doing some construction at our church lately and the only way I would consider any drill other than a Milwaukee would be if they could be converted to use the Milwaukee chucks.  Milwaukee uses a carbide tipped ratcheting chuck that is so much better than anything else I've seen I don't even know what to compare them to.  I've never had a bit slip in the Milwaukee chucks and I've had bruises on my legs to prove that the chuck will grip stronger than you can hold onto the drill.  The only other drill I have in our shop is our drill press so I use my cordless drills alot harder than most people would think of and after four or five years of abuse I haven't had a single problem with them.  I know people who won't use their cordless drill to drill a 1/2" hole in steel but I've used mine with a 2 3/8" hole saw to drill through 3/8" plate several times.  I've also got the cordless impact wrench, wood and steel circular saws, sawzall and the Milwaukee jobsite radio to go with them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)