AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Off-topic........Barn repair
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dumb Farmer
Posted 3/24/2008 08:15 (#340631 - in reply to #340006)
Subject: RE: Off-topic........Barn repair

East Palestine, Ohio (Columbiana Co.)
There won't be any new approach poured as the rest of the wall needs fixed/replaced first, which isn't going to happen right now due to time/budget constraints. The original causes of the settling hopefully have been taken care of by replacing the spouting and eliminating the groundhog who had dug under and made his home. It would be nice to get the approach high enough to at least hold the bottom of the doors from blowing out in the wind as this also bends the hanger clamps on the door tracks.
I couldn't help but marvel at the work/design that went into building this barn, and I'm sure many others that were built around the countryside here. The barn is just sitting on cut sandstone corners and rough rock walls. There was no mortar used anywhere through out, in any of the stone joints. I don't know where all the rock came from, wouldn't think it would be too far away, as this barn, and 2 of the houses here are built with stacked rough stone for walls. Somebody spent some time building these walls, be nice to see the future and see how many of todays structures are still standing and in use 150 years from now!

Appreciate the replies, almost dry enough to get on the wheat here, supposed to rain/snow 5 of next 7 days..........The Dumb Farmer
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)