AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vistive Soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bleedred
Posted 3/23/2008 20:44 (#340313 - in reply to #340183)
Subject: Re: Vistive Soybeans

East Central Ia
Haven't heard anything in my area about trouble getting rid of the beans. We have grown some the last two years and will not be growing them again. Not sure how they expect to get guys to grow them for a 60 cent premium. The premium hasn't changed but the market has almost doubled? With $12 beans that means the vistives have to yield within 2.5bu of regular beans to net the same dollars per acre. Two years ago they were 5-7 bu worse then my regular beans and last year they were 10-12bu worse. Not to mention that where they take the beans we take at least a 10 cent hit on the difference in basis from our normal soybean market. Makes it roughly a 50 cent premium... thats what our 08' non gmo corn premium is... doesn't take a very sharp pencil to see the downside of that.

I love being part of producing a healthier product but if they want an IP crop... they need to make it cash flow for the producer.

Conditions might be very different for other people who have grown vistive beans and I think thats great... it just hasn't worked out very good on my farm.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)