AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Feature request for EZ-Guides when mistblowing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mx270a
Posted 3/18/2008 21:37 (#337036 - in reply to #336810)
Subject: Re: Feature request for EZ-Guides when mistblowing

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
So you have an implement that changes sides when you turn? Other implements that would do that as well would be pull type hay mowers, and two way plows. With any of those implements, you would need a way of "flipping" the dimensions of the implement based on which direction you're driving. I hadn't thought much about this, since it doesn't apply to me, but I don't think it would be all that hard to make it work.

Are you looking for a system that just flips the implement dimensions, or do you want angle calculations based on a combination of wind direction/speed and what direction the tractor is going?

From the code standpoint, it would be relatively easy to flip the implement dimensions based on when a switch gets tripped. For example, you might set the left edge of the implement as being 100' left of the center, and the right edge as 10' left of center. Then when you turn around at the end of the field, the switch gets tripped, and the left edge of the implement is now 10' right of center, and the right edge is 100' right of center. If your wind speed changes, you would have to adjust the width of the implement based on how far the mist is going before it falls. Would that work?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)