AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Installed Black Pipe Airlines this weekend-fun
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 3/18/2008 09:28 (#336562 - in reply to #336556)
Subject: RE: Installed Black Pipe Airlines this weekend-fun

Kansas
I used nothing, then I used the dope in a can, Then I tried high tack......that purply red tacky stuff.......then I finally gave in to the masses on here and went with plain ole white tape. The tape was the clincher.

Now it was taught to us in school that tape is merely a thread lubricant. Had no sealing qualities to it at all. When it came to hydralics they beat it into our heads not to use it either for if a piece broke off it would go in and contaminate the system.

Well, I don't use it on hydralics still to this day but by God, I know an instructor or two I ever meet up again I'd like to call them a couple dum sob's to thier faces all the manure they spoon fed me back then that I paid for and then turned out they were full of more manure than a christmas goose.

The white tape was the ticket.

Now, I also used galvenized pipe instead of black for in my mind the water issues that would be present I felt like galvenized would last longer.

I also got all my supplies from my local loving orschelns and everyone stated that those chinese fittings were 90 percent of my problem. If you went with black pipe there is a good chance you also had good fittings too. Probably got all your stuff from a reputable outfit.

I was trying to take a terd and turn it into ice cream.........Sounds like you may have started with ice cream to begin with. I didn't want to scare you. I just wanted you to know that kicking in the shop door if they do leak isn't gonna help speed the process of tearing it back down and doing it over again. My door supply has been mighty diminished though so I havn't done that lil stress relieving destruction for some time now. Specially considering........I'm the fool that has to put it back up each time. *GRIN*.

I'll bet you'll do fine. I tend to have this backwards midas touch. Everything I work on turns to crap.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)