AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Machinery purchases
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 3/15/2008 15:59 (#334563 - in reply to #334469)
Subject: That's scary..... buying on information from me

Pittsburg, Kansas

That's scary.......you listening to me about buying a Challenger for no longer than I have owned it or drove it! Hope my information was good.

A new Datatronics is something like $2400 and the dealer pretty well said we were on our own. We have removed it but have not put it on anything hydraulic to where we can tell if we can now control the hydraulic flow like tractors that were not equipped with the DataTronics. We don't really need the Datatronics functions much on that tractor but of course it would have been nice if it worked. We do need to control hydraulic flow on the two joystick controlled hydraulic outlets and I do not know as of yet if we need to do anything like reprogram the tractor or if when the Datatronics was removed control reverted automatically to the native tractor computer. This is pretty much a utility odd job tractor for us and it is kind of low on the priority list of seeing about things. Bought it mostly because it was too cheap to pass up - figured I would find a use for it. It has been spreading fertilizer the last week.

Everybody that drives it likes it (Challenger 645 original A model with Funk transmission, 2002, made by Massey Ferguson).

John

Edited by John Burns 3/15/2008 16:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)