AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agboy- your vertical beater spreader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

agboy
Posted 3/10/2008 21:22 (#330975 - in reply to #330633)
Subject: RE: Agboy- your vertical beater spreader

Flandreau, SD

I demoed both the push and the chain Knight vert beater spreaders.  The push out did not impress me cause it took forever to compress the litter at the end of the field with the ram and their is no way to regulate the flow of litter with the consistance we needed.

I went with the hyd. chain floor and am going to control it with an Agleader Insight so it will adjust for ground speed and easy rate changes.

We have three Knight side slingers and they have been great, so I can't see changeing brands now.  We never know what kind of litter we are to get, wet, dry, wet and dry, etc.  So I need a spreader that will do it all, and I am sure this one will get'ir done!  The egg ranch just got a big Wildcat selfpropelled windrow turner, so our litter should be dry all the time now!!  That thing is a MONSTER!  I will have to get some pics of it in action. 

The box should be in the yard waiting for me to get home from Cananda!!! 

That 30 to 50 % mositure litter has never worked here in a Chandler type box.  I really don't like the one we got.  bridgeing, hyd. not up to snuf, etc. 

Edited by agboy 3/10/2008 21:36

(IMG_0343.jpg)

(IMG_0347.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0343.jpg (62KB - 84 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0347.jpg (79KB - 60 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)