AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pickup recommendations
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

3rd little pig
Posted 3/9/2008 18:22 (#330003)
Subject: Pickup recommendations

The old pickup needs to be replaced. I am leaning heavily towards a dually this time, and must also have 4wd and probably will be a gasser as well. Also most likely FORD. My needs are as follows: Pulling very heavy loads relatively short distances (20-50 miles usually). Almost no driving empty (I am a cheap-ass and so use a small car for running around). Most likely won't see over 7500 miles in a year. Will be a used truck (cheap-ass, remember). Would like an extra cab or crew, but not a necessity. V10's are a little hard to find, but not impossible. I would like a low mile truck less than 10 years old. Should I make sure to find one with low gears, like 4:10's, or is that not real important? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Loads are 13T of hay, 7T swather on trailer, and 20' stock trailer if that matters. Have diesel now but I just don't think I can justify the extra cost for what my intended uses are, plus I'm sick of glow plugs, blending fuel, high priced fuel, extra batteries etc...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)