AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another old pic - Who likes very old JD 4-Wheel Drives??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 3/7/2008 14:32 (#328281 - in reply to #328232)
Subject: Re: Another old pic - Who likes very old JD 4-Wheel Drives??

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Thats not the factory cab, the attached picture is of a JD WA14 with factory cab.

We had a pre JD, yellow Wagner and a couple of JD green ones in my area. I always wondered what happened to Wagner, as I never saw any after the JD lashup..
Sometime in the last few months I read the story of the Wagner tie up with JD and how that incredibly one sided contract was the end of Wagner.

IIRC, the story is that Wagner entered into a contract with John Deere to produce agricultural 4 WD tractors for them exclusivly. Terms of this contract were that JD could end this contract at any time, and that Wagner could not build a competing ag tractors for 5 years after the contract was terminated. It sounds like after only a couple years, JD had their own 4WD tractor and terminated the contract with Wagner. Wagner was locked out of the 4WD ag market for 5 years from that date and was soon out of money.
Sounds like signing that contract did far more than shoot Wagner in the foot, it blew off both legs and bled them to death very quickly.

Edited by Jon Hagen 3/7/2008 14:34

(wa14.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments wa14.jpg (22KB - 579 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)