AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

poly, brush or cupped auger
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

HFR
Posted 3/7/2008 10:21 (#328084 - in reply to #327960)
Subject: RE: poly, brush or cupped auger

Central Minnesota
Daleny - 3/7/2008 07:11 Bought a Kilbros Wagon with Hyd auger to move seed soys and wheat. Also want to apply liquid innoculant / seed treatment inside auger??. Auger needs to be replaced, what type and where would I go to get the replacement. Kilbros or other?? Thanks

Did exactly what you are describing for 5 plus years before the seed companies decided the should do it so they can make more money. Now if you want cruiser max you can't even buy the stuff to do it your self.  We used a brush auger and I would have to say it worked real well.Can't say I experienced any gumming or wearing out of brush auger and the beans get coated well. Used a small 12 volt diaphram pump and used a fertilizer metering disc to set the rate. Start auger and bean flow and turn on pump. Adjust bean flow till the beans look pretty.  Don't worry if the rate is exact because when I am buying treated beans now from the seed dealer every batch looks like it has a different level of treatment on it. The only problem doing it yourself is DO NOT do it directly into your planter. They will stick together and not flow out. We treated into pro boxes and then dumped the over the top of wagon and that would break up clumps. Don't do it our self any more because we raise seed beans and they pay half the cost of cruiser max and can't buy that product. Good Luck
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)