AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cotton experts: Red versus Green module builder
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Double-A
Posted 3/5/2008 18:39 (#326689 - in reply to #326223)
Subject: RE: Independent Research

From my perspective, this is an independent research study conducted by a third party that was not funded or influenced by either OBMB equipment manufacturer. Moreover, the results of this study should not surprise anyone as it basically justifies the marketing claims the red guys have been making for the past year.

For those who had the opportunity to attend the gin show in Memphis last week, they saw first hand the differences between the red 625 and the green 7760. The 7760 is bigger, significantly more complex and will cost more to purchase and operate. For those who believe the 7760 is going to be an acre eater that will out harvest a 625 day in and day out, I disagree. Both the 7760 and 625 utilize existing drum technology. With this in mind, neither machine can "pick" cotton faster than a basket machine. Any argument that states a 7760 can harvest 2.5+ bale cotton continuously at 4.1 mph regardless of harvest conditions is neglecting drum loss, which negates the comparison.

In closing, I believe this study is a significant reason the 7760 is not avialable for 2008. The silence from the green guys has been deafening - If the 7760 is JD's gift to cotton farmers, where is the sales literature extolling its benefits? The simple fact is JD is asking their customers to choose between green equipment in the shed, or green money in their pocket. Even the most diehard green customers cannot ignore $20 per acre harvest savings.

AA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)