AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Time for a new discbine, which kind?????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JoshA
Posted 3/4/2008 20:02 (#325824 - in reply to #325797)
Subject: RE: Time for a new discbine, which kind?????

Alberta, Canada
I'm a Deere guy too, but Hesston gets my vote. I've heard the Deere has a better cut due to the fact that all the discs spin toward the center, vs the Hesston which each one spins opposite to the one next to it(inter-meshing gears).

But I think that's more-so the case on the bigger 15 foot models than the 12/13 foot models.

I'm happy enough with the cut on mine, don't have any other discbine to compare it too, but it cuts better than the NH sickle machine I used before it, even in the same field, one week apart.

I've cut at speeds up to 17mph with my 12-foot center pivot Hesston with steel conditioning rolls. I seriously considered NH, Kverneland, and JD before settling on the Hesston. In looking at another discbine, the Hesston and JD are the only ones I'm real interested in.

After running both center pivot and side pull discbines and haybines (both 9 feet), I wouldn't touch another side-pull, even in combination with a front-mount mower.

One thing.... how much Hp do you have in front of this thing? Might be a limiting factor for size you go with.....

My pictures from this year, including 23 discbine photos:
http://andrusiwfarm.8m.com/photos_hay2007.html

-Josh
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)