AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New corn chem. question......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jmark71
Posted 2/23/2008 16:56 (#317552 - in reply to #317470)
Subject: RE: New corn chem. question......

Kentucky
Cowboycorn - 2/23/2008 13:53

If I put it down right behind planter and before NH3 app if it doesn't get down before planting, I will likely have weeds breakout in the disturbed area. He claims this is contact and residual, so could I not wait to sidedress NH3, then go over top with Require II, even if weeds have emerged. Has anyone had experince with this platform of chemicals? Price is very attractive, and if one can get emerged weeds with this, it will certainly keep glyphos in check to some degree.

Although I haven't used Require II, I have used the chemistries in it. The risk in waiting until after you sidedress is in two areas. 1.) Although it should be pretty strong on broadleaves with the Clarity, you don't want the grasses getting too large to get control. That means knowing your weed pressure and what the label says about size for control. 2.) Does coming in after sidedressing mean the corn is too large so as to increase the risk of crop injury?

I have sprayed Steadfast, Accent, Celebrity, Distinct -- and a few more and do so after sidedressing, but I sidedress 32% when I can row the corn which gives me time to spray post, especially since I already have 1 # of atrazine down.

Knowing your weed pressure (amount and types) is important because that will help you know your timing window. If you are thinking of going total post, the risks associated with timing become more critical. You don't want a high priced corn crop losing yield because it had to compete with heavy weed pressure.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)