AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Loading Hay Trucks, I Love Snow.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 2/8/2008 23:05 (#305045 - in reply to #304977)
Subject: Re: Loading Hay Trucks, I Love Snow.

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
I see Fred headed over there to exile once in a while. No chains on mine. Knock on wood I haven't chained up in 3 winters now. There has been a few times I should have, but it is awfully tough to chain up to load a truck, then take them back off to drive across the valley and repeat all day long. A guy gets careful about how you drive, run good tires and with the auto trans I do okay. Couldn't get around near as well without the auto. I had to load feed trailers up on the hill east of Malin after one of those bad storms, I was pushing snow with the counterweight at times. Made it but just barely. I've got to hand it to some of the guys I load for, they have been real good about moving snow. I can load on level ice or fresh cold snow fine, it is when it gets slushy I have problems. I've had to throw the chains under the tires to back out of a spot before and I've loaned them out WAY too many times to another CA trucking outfit who's drivers do not even carry chains. Those damn single screws with doubles don't do very well in the snow, I sure wish that outfit would buy some tire chains if they are going to run up here in the winter!

I've got a hydraulic scale on the squeeze. Sunny D put it in, works okay. You run load cells on the chains on yours right? How well do you like them?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)