AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bought a new NH575 baler today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rodney R
Posted 7/6/2006 20:26 (#24499 - in reply to #24476)
Subject: Re: Bought a new NH575 baler today

SE PA
Larry,
It's about time you got a new baler! The case extension is OK, but I prefer the bale skiis. It will help to make more uniform bales, and heavier bales. It does have the extra set of doors to help hold the bales in. We had one on one baler, and the bale skiis aren't *that* much better, but a shorter baler, and one less bale in the chamber are always better here. I do think the bale has less 'slop' with the skiis, so that's the big advantage they have.

Now, as for stuff to watch.... If you have to move the hitch around for you tractor (to get the right height) - make sure those 4 bolts are TIGHT, and check them often this first year. I have resorted to a 3/4 drive breaker bar, and a 2ft cheater pipe, and locktight. We had a couple come loose on older balers, and the nuts on the inside that are welded broke loose = mess in the tongue. That black knob for the hyd tension - get some locktight, and take it apart - take the whole shaft out, and all the couplers and set-screws, and cover them with locktight, and re-assemble. Out of the last 4 balers, 2 of them had the shafts/knobs come loose/fall off. The shiney gizmo where your hitch swing rope is in fell off on one of ours - the nuts came off the U-bolt, and the insulator was dangling on the rope - I just fixed that this afternoon. Other than that, there shouldn't be anything to worry about for at least 60k bales, after that, it's time to check the nuts on the cams in the pickup area, make sure they're tight yet - had a couple of those come out/get loose.... The only trouble we really have is with stuff coming loose. Knock on wood, we've been able to bale 100k or so on a 575 and have nearly zero downtime. We did have a setscrew come out of the front pto (where the short shaft goes to the baler), and that ended baling with that machine for the day, now we have a setscrew and locknut on the shelf.... but again, it was just something else that got loose.

We took 2 new balers to the field this spring, and they're both running like a charm, it's just been a few loose nuts......

Rodney

Edited by Rodney R 7/6/2006 20:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)