AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hardi sprayer controllers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jmark71
Posted 1/24/2008 10:04 (#291642 - in reply to #291105)
Subject: RE: Hardi sprayer controllers

Kentucky
little al - 1/23/2008 20:06
Can anyone help me with information on what controller has worked well on the Hardi sprayers? There is a 2500, 3500, and 5500 model. Just wondering if some are easier to use and have a better history of working without problems?

I've only used the HC2500. It has been easy to use, economical, and very accurate. It has also been trouble free. I've run it for 5 years and can't ever remember it causing a problem.

The Mustang 3500's preceded the HC2500 and were more expensive and not very popular. I would not even consider one. I know a dealer who owned one and didn't really like it. I think the failure of the 3500 to take off is what brought on the HC2500. I don't know much other than company literature hype on the HC5500. It looks like it would allow you to eliminate the DH box since the electro-hydraulic controls are on the controller.

What Hardi sprayer do you have? Do you need a DH box? Which pump - diaphragm or centrifugal? I have the 463 diaphragm pump which doesn't require the controller to adjust very much when slowing down or speeding up. As a result, low pressure or slow volume response out of a turn has not been a problem for me.

I would think ahead to what you might want this unit to do in the future before buying. There are a lot of options out there. Happy hunting!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)