AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What did we decide, one or two monitors?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

brett
Posted 1/22/2008 09:12 (#289476 - in reply to #288825)
Subject: RE: What did we decide, one or two monitors?

Millhouse - 1/21/2008 16:46
Does it make most sense to run the Trimble guidance through the Insight or pay more for an EZ-Guide 500 or even more for the Trimble Field Manager just for the guidance part The Insight will be used for:

Fertilizer application
Planter (guessing I'll have a Case1200 year after next which should work with the Insight for 2009) plus Seed Command
Sprayer (in time) and maybe Autoswath
Combine yield mapping/monitoring

The Trimble FieldManager seems like a lot of money spent just to use for guidance. The Insight would be documenting work anyway.

The major difference between the insight and the trimble displays as far as guidance goes is that the insight does not have a headlands pattern. They can both do straight AB guidance and can both do curved guidance, but the trimble displays are the only ones that will allow you to set a curve for headlands and while guiding on those headland passes set a straight AB line for the infill.

You talk about possibly getting a 500 along with the Insight. The only place where this would make sense to me is if you would need guidance when you need the Insight elsewhere... ie in the combine for harvest. Other than the headland pattern, the Insight can do everything and more than the 500 can.

If you decide to go with a trimble field manager display that is a different ballgame. The field manager would allow calibration of the system through the display. This may be a benefit if you understand the system well and have a good dealer who can walk you through 'tweaking' the system if for some reason it was not steering properly. With the insight or the 500 a service technician would have to hook their computer to the system for any calibrations.

As far as planter monitoring goes, I don't think the Insight will be able to replace the planter monitor on the CIH 1200 planters in '09. Ag leader has announced that they will have planter monitoring in '09 for any planter with a dickey john planter monitor. CNH uses their own Universal Display Plus or their new Pro600 for the planter monitor. That display is needed even to fold/unfold the planter. To my knowledge Ag Leader will not have this ability.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)