AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Auto shut offs on planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Gamaman
Posted 1/16/2008 10:25 (#284448 - in reply to #284006)
Subject: Re: Auto shut offs on planter

Extreme southeast Nebraska
Matt

I have wondered if the best place for the receiver wouldn't be on the planter. I have some fields with curving terraces and fairly steep side slopes. I am concerned that the tractor won't always be in line with the planter pass thats following it at row ends, especially on field edges with a minimum number of turnrows where the operator has to make some significant "light bulb" turns with the tractor. Also, with the antenna mounted on the tractor cab about 10 foot above the ground, would a significant change in side tilt from one pass to the next cause the Insight to be fooled into shutting off a 2 row section if it thought it was overlapping? For me, this could occur between the first pass on the backside of a terrace (significant side slope) and the next pass down (very little side slope). Besides the obvious disadvantage of more cabling, was there any other disadvantages? Does a lower mounting point reduce reception? Was signal strength less because of longer cables? Thanks for sharing your experiences!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)