AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pork production and indigestion!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Beef Cen IL
Posted 1/9/2008 09:37 (#279334 - in reply to #279010)
Subject: RE: Pork production and indigestion!

Center of IL
Seems to me the whole livestock industry is poised to catch up. How did Grains go from under loan to record prices with no real (that I can see) shortage? Funds and Spec. I got out of the cattle business Several years ago when fat cattle hit $1. Now I think$1.50 -$2 cattle are on the horizon. I will say its a lot easier to get out than Get back in ! There may be a big washout of producer before, But we have to head higher if were going to eat. I'll bet if priorities really are in line, people are more willing to pay high prices for food than fuel ! Wait til the funds start to smell profit in the livestock sector and hold on to your shorts ! Cattle were $30 for years, Huge washout of producers then climbed to $60 for 20 years or so, then $! Except for 95 when the feeder (not the fat) market collapsed its been steady. When everyones getting out thats the time to get in. If I'd bought feeders in 95 I'd of made a fortune! Corn will probably cool back down to $3 or so. You may soon be able to buy feeders cheap. Ethanol looks to be a lot less favorable so corn may be cheaper than $3. If it does though, livestock probably wont reach new records. Good Luck in your future !
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)